Saturday 16 August 2008

Realisations after 3 days of crap day game!

So I went out for day game today, and for the third time in a row it was completely lame. I approached one girl who completely blew me off and I think I helped a bunch of people with directions (to try and keep in a talkative mood), but don’t really remember talking to any other girls or doing any other openers.

I felt very quiet and I think in the back of my head I knew I was going to get blown out if I approached.

There is however two funny things that I instinctively take from this, that I realised when I was walking home:

  1. I don’t really care that I didn’t do well. That isn’t to say that I don’t give a shit about reaching my goals. It’s just that it doesn’t affect me as a person. I think it does affect how well I think I am doing at pick up and sarging. And the “on a roll” feeling is elusive still. But I don’t have any need to beat myself up or get depressed about this. After all, it’s just a skill, one that is taking me time to develop. But as a person, I feel pretty cool. In the back of my mind I know that one day I will crack this, and that leads me to the next point...
  2. I’m going to keep on doing this until I do crack it. I have no intention of giving up. If I have to go out 20 times in day game and only approach a couple of people and for it not to go well, just to get this handled, then I will. I really don’t care about the time and the effort. I’m excited about the changes that are going to occur. In a way I don’t know how it’s going to happen. But I know that it will. Plough through, plough through. The moment you give up is the moment you fail. I’m not giving up, I’m going to keep at it.
Outside of these higher level realisations, there are also a number of more practical aspects that I can focus on.

  • I need to start earlier. I’m getting into town at around 5.00 (it didn’t help that I had a 20 minute tube delay as well, but that’s a minor detail). Around 5.00 you get sucked into the rush hour, and it makes things harder for me. I need to start things off at 3.00 at least.
  • I was going to go to Hyde Park today as it was sunny and I’ve heard it’s good. I didn’t because I forgot (!) but a change of scenery might help a lot.
  • As I've mentioned before I need to have my routine stack ready. I like the idea of direct game but it’s fucking me up at the moment, so I need to ease myself in with a bit of indirect. Hair opener it is.
  • Forcing myself to open is one of my sticking points. I need to play “pretend bootcamp” with myself. I need to imagine I have an instructor with me, saying – go for that person, use X opener, do it now – and damn the consequences. If I force myself to open the half chances then I’ll get a lot more experience under my belt. It’s what I need after all.
  • I need to look to get blown out. I find myself making excuses not to approach, and one of these is that the person looks like they’re in a hurry or has a bitchy face, and I think that they’re probably not going to want me to talk to them. Well that’s just an assumption on my part and indeed if I do approach them and get blown out, then at least it will mean less to me. And if I don’t, then I’ll be having a good interaction.
One of the guys from Project Rockstar on the LSS has offered to do some day game with me, so that might be a change that will help me progress. Let's find out...!

No comments: