Friday 4 July 2008

Update on My Sarging Goals and Objectives

So a while back I listed my SMART objectives for the next few weeks. They were all timed to end in June or July and as we are now at the end of June I should review them and revise them for the next two months. And, well, it’s not pretty.

So here are the original goals, divided into June and July:

  • By the end of June I will have number closed 5 times
  • By the end of June I will have researched and implemented how to turn my conversation seductive, and used it five times.
  • By the end of June I will have gone sarging solo twice.

  • By the end of July I will have number closed 15 times, 5 times with girls who are 7 or above
  • By the end of July I will have been to ten new venues for sarging, and have put together a list of venues for each day of the week that has the hottest girls
  • By the end of July I will have opened ten girls hotter than a 7.
  • By the end of July I will have kiss closed ten girls.
  • By the end of July I will have gone sarging solo five times.
So let’s assess the June objectives:

By the end of June I will have number closed 5 times
I have number closed once. Poor showing.

By the end of June I will have researched and implemented how to turn my conversation seductive, and used it five times.
I haven’t done this.

By the end of June I will have gone sarging solo twice.
I haven’t done this.

So a pretty poor display overall. I think this is partly because the goals were set too high, but also partly because I haven’t had enough focus on or put enough effort into this game / sarging thing at all.

So far I have been going out with the intention of opening, and for the most part using natural game, as I have been reading some information about natural game and it looks quite interesting and powerful. However to really implement natural game you need to have the fundamentals down, cast-iron inner game, and usually tons of experience.

My results so far have been mixed to “ordinary” (as the Aussies put it). I’m basically bumping along a very low altitude plateau, and not really improving. I have an idea for a post that I want to write called “How to Get Good at Anything” which is based on my experiences of other areas of life where I have developed a skill and achieved results, and what I’ve learnt from it.

I’ll probably write that post at some stage, but the most relevant points to my development of sarging are:

  • If you’re on a plateau, try doing something different
  • If you’re on a plateau, try increasing the effort put in
  • Remember that all results will come in time
So, to that end I have decided to do the following:

  • Rather than relying on (my non-existent) natural game, I will go back to the fundamentals, read “Magic Bullets”, mind-map it so I actually specifically remember it all rather than just letting it pass in one eye and out the other (as it were), create or find some routines and practice them at home before going out.
  • Go out a lot more, on my own if necessary. I’m going to set aside next week as a dry run for some pretty intense gaming. The whole week I’m going to go out every day, for both day and night game, and in each session I will do AT LEAST 5 approaches. I have written out a timetable covering the four main areas of my life: pick-up, health, money and music, and have specific times and tasks for all of these, with the emphasis on pick-up.
After next week I will assess how effective that week was, and draw up another timetable for the week after, adapted based on the things that I have learnt.

One thing on routines v. natural game. Natural game theorists say you don’t need routines if your inner game is tight, you can say anything and it will work. I have no doubt it’s true, as I’ve pulled with some random comments in the past, but I’m not consistent. This is because I still have a lot to learn, calibration and acuity to develop, which will come with time. The way I see routines are like cheat modes on computer games. When I used to play computer games, I had this one game (Retrograde) and I found really hard and couldn’t play for more than a couple of minutes without losing all my lives. So I found the infinite lives cheat and began playing away. I soon got through a few levels and was enjoying the game. Then one day later I was playing away, when I suddenly realised that I’d gone through most of the levels and I hadn’t put the cheat mode on. I was now actually good at the game, and I wasn’t cheating.

That’s how I see routines and natural game. Routines are like the cheat mode, which can get you some success and learning experience so that at some point in the future you can discard them and just play normally. In fact I now remember Style has said that routines are like the training wheels for riding a bike – once you’ve got the hang of it you can take them off and you’ll be OK.

So that’s the approach that I need to take now. Back to square one and get some structure to my game. Then after next week I’ll draw up some new objectives for the future.

No comments: