Tuesday 18 August 2009

Another Night, and I Thought, “Well, Well…”

So this weekend has been unusual as for the first time in ages I haven’t had things to do with my flatmates and friends, so I have a second night out in a row to so gaming.

Before I head out I texted the girl from last night: “Hi naughty girl, hope you got back ok last night. I ended up talking to the crazy dancing guys, who turned out to be from Brazil. Who would’ve thought?! OK important question: would you rather be a pirate or a ninja?”

About an hour or two later she texts back with “Right at this moment and pirate because then I could wear stripy clothes and an eyepatch and drink lots of rum and sleep! I’m so tired! I’m at work at the mo. Are you out again this eve? xxx” So that sounds pretty good.

So I was in a positive state though tired as ever. I often wonder if I can ever solve this tiredness problem. But anyway, back to the details. I meet up with the guys in Pony and we all congratulate ourselves for last night. Soon Liam has opened a couple of girls and we gradually join them and have a chat. I’m not that attracted to them so I don’t get too involved. There’s a party going on behind us and I chat briefly to those girls. I could have made more of it but I don’t.

I go out to get some cash and come back. Then randomly Jon and I head upstairs. Jon is thinking about opening a couple of girls so I try and encourage him to do it. He stalls (again!) and so as I’m in a good state I go and do it instead. At first glimpse earlier I didn’t think they were too hot. But when I actually go and open them it turns out they are just my type, fun, pretty, intelligent, cool PR girls (although I have a problem with PR girls based on working experiences with them – they’re usually really inconsistent and flighty and cause lots of problems. But hey, I wasn’t launching a website with them on this occasion…)

One interesting thing about this set is for once I didn’t have an opener in mind as I walked up to them. I literally said the first thing that came into my mind as I approached them. One of them was looking at a text message and the first thing I said was “Hey, did you get the same text message as I did?” NO IDEA where that came from and I can’t remember her response but I didn’t have a follow up so I just paused for a second and laughed (but made it look like I was laughing for a particular reason and nothing to do with me having nothing to say).

I can’t remember what I said after that but somehow I managed to keep the conversation going and just chat to them a bit and throw the odd joke in here and there. The cool thing about it was that they were totally open to talking to me. I think they were reacting to my positive body language and balls for having opened them. And possibly the fact that I look damn hot (I like to tell myself!).

Anyway they were about to leave and I wasn’t sticking massively so I bid them adieu. After that I go to find Jon but he’s not where he was. Instead I catch the eye of a girl whose dancing and go up to her and say “Hello dancing girl!” It turns out she’s the girl with the clipboard so we have a quick chat but she’s got work to do so I let her do it. She leaves saying “See you on the dancefloor later!” Which is nice.

I meet up with the rest of the guys and while there’s now a good dancefloor going, Everyone’s standing around looking bored. I do a couple of circuits and briefly open one group of girls. Eventually I start dancing by myself as the music’s too good and I love dancing. Peter eventually joins me but Liam and Jon aren’t feeling it and eventually decide to leave to go to Bar Music Hall.

Peter and I remain and there’s three girls dancing near to us which I automatically take to mean that they’re interested in some way. They’re not really my type – wannabe Cheryl Cole / Victoria Beckham types that frankly deserve to be shot. By this I mean they’re all dressed up half posh half slutty, and are barely moving on the dancefloor looking pretty bored with bitch-faces on as though they’re wags. But one of them is hot enough for me to forgive her attitude. But I’m stuck on an opener. I discuss it with Pete and he suggests “Are you part of Ricky’s party?” It’s as good as anything that I can think of so I use it, they say no and that’s it.

However I notice that after that they suddenly start dancing and moving more, probably as the DJ puts Over and Over on and I start dancing like a fool, and that draws them into actually ENJOYING themselves more. I probably should have opened them again but by now I don’t care.

After a while we decide to meet with Jon and Liam to see what Bar Music Hall is like. Liam’s in set with some Asians which is fair play. The first set of the night are there and say Hi. But apart from that it’s completely dead, with most people either seated or male, and the girls aren’t that hot either.

Peter and I stand around for a bit but there’s nothing happening so we go home.

Back at home I have the misfortune to hear some stories about one of my flatmates who has been fucking a bunch of women at a hobby activity of his that makes me jealous, and the 16 year old brother of another flatmate who has been fucking all the hot girls in his group, as well as those he met on a recent trip to Barcelona. This horrible jealousy makes me feel bad and I certainly need to learn to deal with it.

On a parallel note, I have been practicing meditation with some more seriousness, partly inspired by this:

http://www.cliffslist.com/letter/sleazy-fast-seduction-same-night-lay-interview

Even though I’ve only been doing a little bit of it I’ve already noticed changes, mainly to do with helping to solve a posture problem I’ve had at the bottom of my back. But also some clarity of thought, perhaps best expressed in the first set that I opened this night. More to come on that in the future I’m sure.

No comments: