Wednesday 28 May 2008

Out of Routine

So I haven't been sarging in a while - only once in about ten days, and that was a bit of a wash out as I was just not feeling it. I opened a few sets to try and warm up with the simple "what's the time" opener but it didn't change anything, so I quit.

I realise now that I should have just worked through it. I know that being state independent is one of the keys to getting good at this but my negative / nervous state was just getting the better of me.

Also for some reason the knowledge that I didn't have anything to say after my openers was what was making me anxious I think. I need to fix that by coming up with some routines, and also just simply plowing through the "pain" barrier. After all, there is no set formula, just guidelines, and I need to test the limits to see how far I can go.

However I have found one other routine on a forum somewhere. It's a series of jokes starting with "How do you get a giraffe into a fridge?" which has had a very good success rate when I've been testing it with my mates and other acquaintances. So if I use the hair or party opener, then the giraffe joke and then perhaps the five questions challenge, it hopefully should be enough to transition into comfort, which I can handle fairly well. I'll have to try this out.

No comments: